Foundation Trust Membership
Find out how you can become a Foundation Trust member, and have a say in how the Trust is run.
What is a member?
Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Birmingham Women’s Hospital are part of a Foundation Trust, which means that we have greater financial freedom and greater local accountability to the communities we serve. We have an obligation to engage with people who live in our communities and encourage them to become a member of our Trust to get involved and have a say.
What does a member do?
Membership is free and gives you access to news, events and activities across Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Birmingham Women’s Hospital and have a say in what happens.
As a member you will receive:
- A quarterly members e-newsletter
- Invitations to take part in special projects or surveys
- Consultation on plans for the future
- Volunteering opportunities (for over 15s)
- Fundraising opportunities
- Invitations to special meetings and events such as our Annual General Meeting
- A vote in the election for our Council of Governors
- The opportunity to stand for election for the Council of Governors (over 16s)
- Access to NHS discounts via healthservicediscounts.com
Can I be a member?
Yes – if you are:
- Over 10 years of age
- A current patient of Birmingham Children’s Hospital or Birmingham Women’s Hospital or a former patient from the last five years
- A parent/carer of a current or past patient from the last five years
- A member of the public living in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire or Worcestershire.
How do I join?
- Complete the online registration form here
If you register your details will be entered onto our register of members. Your personal details are safe and will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act and you can withdraw your membership at any time.
Find out more
If you would like any further information on being a member of Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, please contact us on:
0121 333 8433
Foundation Trust Office
Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust