Adult (18+) volunteer programme
Our core team of regular adult volunteers makes an enormous contribution to the patient and staff experiences within our hospitals. Whether you’re offering a cup of tea, a friendly chat, or clear directions to a ward, your contribution really will be making someone’s day brighter and easier.
But volunteering isn’t solely about giving back. By joining our team, you’ll discover the many benefits to you, including…
- Making new friends
- Developing or enhancing your skills
- Learning about careers in the NHS
- Adding a distinctive element to a CV or application form
- Enhancing your own sense of well-being and satisfaction
What will I do?
We offer a wide variety of volunteer roles and you can choose to support our work at Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, or both. There are additional volunteering opportunities at our partner mental health service for 0-25s, Forward Thinking Birmingham.
We ask you to give 2-4 hours of your time a week as an Adult Volunteer. You can choose between:
- volunteering regularly throughout the year
- volunteering during term times only
If you are able to consider including a fundraising component to your work with us, we can offer support with this.
We work hard to ensure we provide a safe environment and adequate supervision for all volunteers. See our volunteering safety page for further details.
Who should apply?
You are invited to apply for the Adult Volunteering programme if:
- You are 18 or over and are confident that you can fit a regular volunteering commitment into your schedule for at least six consecutive months.
- If you are aged between 18 and 25 and not in full-time employment, and would like to be considered for our Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) programme, please tick the appropriate box when you apply.
Have a look at our application process for more information.