Join in the fun on Friday 9th March and be brave in bandages
March 2018 will see Birmingham Women’s Hospital’s first ever Big Bandage day and we couldn’t be more excited! Join us and get bandaged up on Friday 9 March to make a big difference to support the bravery of our patients.
Big Bandage Day is all about showing your support for our patients and doing something brave to raise money for our women, babies and families. From something as simple as wearing a bandage to work, school, or even the supermarket, to wherever you’re spending the day on Friday 9 March, all the way to scaling the enormous Fort Dunlop by taking part in our Be Brave Abseil on Saturday 10 March. Anything you could do to show your bravery will make a big difference to support the bravery of our patients.
We need you to recruit your colleagues, friends and family to do something amazing to raise money to support the women, babies and families in our care this Big Bandage Day. The money raised will support Birmingham Women’s Hospital Charity in its mission to raise the vital funds needed to make a real difference to all who use our hospital’s services, offering them the best experience possible.
How to get involved
All it takes is three easy steps!
1. Save the date – Friday 9th March
2. Register to get your free fundraising pack
3. Start planning your Big Bandage Day!
Ways to Fundraise
We’re looking for people to take on a challenge which tests their nerve and pushes them out of their comfort zone. So whether that’s taking part in our Be Brave Abseil, or simply wearing a bandage to work, we want you to get involved! Here are some ideas of what you could do to fundraise:
1. Why not brave the shave and go bald for our patients? Or see how brave your friends are when you dare them to do a full leg wax!
2. Get bandaged up with some extreme bandaging! Why don’t you sponsor your colleague, teacher or a willing participant to get bandaged up from head to toe? Added bonus – see who can do it in the quickest time!
3. Or face your fears and take the plunge off Fort Dunlop. Why not sign up to our Be Brave Abseil challenge on Saturday 10 March at bwh.org.uk/abseil? You can join us and the rest of #TeamBWH in stepping over the edge of this iconic landmark while you raise vital funds.
Sign up to wear a bandage on Friday 9 March 2018 to show your support for the incredible work of the hospital.
When paying in your fundraising money, please specify that the funds are going towards ’Birmingham Women’s Hospital Big Bandage’. Thank you.
Want to make a one-off donation to Big Bandage?
You can pay in your kind donation in one of three ways:
- By post – Please make any cheques payable to Birmingham Women’s Hospital Charity, and include a note or letter letting us know that this donation is for Big Bandage. Please post any donations to this address:
- Fundraising Office
Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- Fundraising Office
- By phone – to make a donation over the phone, simply call our friendly Supporter Care team on 0121 333 8506 and quote ‘Birmingham Women’s Hospital Big Bandage’
- Or you can pop into the Fundraising Office on the ground floor of Birmingham Women’s Hospital and make a donation there.