Our Endometriosis Centre is accredited by the British Society of Gynaecology Endoscopy (BSGE) as a specialist centre for Endometriosis in the West Midlands.
Our multidisciplinary team provides high quality, evidence-based care to assess and treat women with all grades of endometriosis, ranging from mild disease to the most severe form involving the bladder and bowel.
We are incredibly proud of our performance which includes:
- Nearly all cases of endometriosis managed by laparoscopy (keyhole surgery), providing a shorter hospital stay, quick recovery, less infection, fewer wound complications and less scarring
- Using an innovative technique (conservative skinning) to make sure there is no need for bowel resection which carries risk of bowel dysfunction or hysterectomy
- Above average patient satisfaction, based on national figures
- Low levels of rates of complications, based on national figures
- Mr Yousri Afifi – Consultant in Endometriosis and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Helen Walshe – Specialist Nurse
- Mr T Ismail and Mr N Sugget – Colorectal Surgeons
- Mr Mo Belal – Consultant Urologist
- Dr Moji Balogan – Consultant Radiologist
- Mr W Rea – Consultant in Pain Medicine
- Dr L Chapman – Clinical Psychologist