Our Emergency Department in COVID-19
Our Emergency Department is currently extremley busy. To support our team during this time please only visit us if your child is seriously unwell.
If they are not you can get medical help by contacting your GP, calling the NHS 111 service or heading to 111.nhs.uk and completing the online questionnaire (for those aged five and over).
If you need to attend our Emergency Department please be aware that, to protect our patients, families and staff from any potential spread of COVID-19, children/young people should be accompanied by only one designated family member or carer. No other family members, including siblings, are able to be on site during the visit.
Metres Still Matter at our hospital and we’re doing all we can to stop any potential spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) by taking simple steps. All adults visiting our Emergency Department must:
· Wear a face mask throughout their time on site.
· Wash hands and use the hand sanitiser provided at stations regularly while with us.
· Maintain at least a two-metre distance from other people wherever possible.
· Follow directional signs in the department in place at all times.
· Respect our teams who are working hard to care for everyone during this busy period.
Thank you for your support and continued understanding.