Virtual Work Experience
The Covid pandemic over the past months has meant that opportunities for work experience have had to be sadly suspended. So we are excited to announce the launch of our new Virtual Work Experience programmes. Virtual work experience provides you with the opportunity to complete work experience from home or school, in most cases using nothing but a laptop, tablet or phone.
We are excited to announce that over the coming weeks we will advertise a number of events on this page. During these live webinars you’ll meet NHS professionals and have the opportunity to ask them questions and learn about their day to day work. You’ll learn about different areas of NHS work and the skills and qualifications needed to undertake these roles.
We have also put together a list of resources for students, teachers and parents of online virtual work experience opportunities and wider platforms that students can access online from home or in the classroom to learn more about different careers and options post-16.
If you have a question or would like further information please email us at email@example.com
If you missed our last Virtual Work Experience events, you can watch the recorded sessions below from our Pharmacy, Hand Therapy, Patient Experience, Occupational and Radiology teams.
Virtual Work Experience Resources
Virtual work experience resources
- offers a careers planner questionnaire and a jobs match service to inspire students
- info on virtual work experience opportunities and lists some of the companies able to provide it
- guide for students on the dos and don’ts of the application processes
- an alternative to work experience for aspiring medics aged 16 and over, who are living in the UK
- a free interactive video platform providing insights into the role of a GP and the wider primary care team
- For students that are interested in medicine or dentistry
- Medic Mentors offer virtual work experience, which is a 30 hour commitment from a pupil over 6 months. Pupils recieve a certificate and they have a journal to complete for reflection, it covers 3 patient journeys: geriatric/adult and paediatric. Medic Mentor offers comprehensive support for pupils wanting to get into Medicine and Dentistry, including recommended reading lists.
- This is an animated video by Health Education England, showing the various NHS Teams that are involved in Danny’s care after he sustains an injury.
- softer skills employers are looking for
- interactive tools, films and activities available for age 14+
- Spin the Wheel to identify your strengths and reflect not only your skills, but your interests and personality traits, and how to develop them further to support your future
- watch a virtual work experience opportunity (Freeformers)
- a charity which aims to give state school students the same access to top jobs and networks as those from fee-paying schools, despite the lockdown
- offers a virtual work experience programme
- an open-access platform designed to unlock exciting careers for students
- Virtual Work Experience Programs built and endorsed by leading companies
- a series of resources and tasks designed to simulate the real-world experience of starting a career
- a live online channel creating real-life encounters with the world of work to inspire young people about their futures
- won Careers Provider of the Year at the annual Careers Excellence Awards
- some great videos of Health services, construction and piloting
- a virtual experience designed to equip students with all the soft skills they need to slot into the workplace
- broken down into 3 different modules – Wellbeing and Resilience Under Lockdown, Virtual First Impressions and Remote Networking
- help to plan your career, get a job and succeed at work with free and interactive training
- uses the power of personal stories to inform and inspire young people’s career choices.
- features over 1000 videos of real people talking about their careers
- careers information and tools for 11 to 19 year olds, all in one place
- take a virtual tour around BT, Ipswich Building Society, Ipswich Town Football Club, Moragn Sindall Construction, Suffolk County Council to get an idea of what it’s like to work in these industries
- a careers podcast for teachers and young people’s influencers with a spotlight on STEM careers in the UK
- each episode showcases real people that work in STEM and also volunteer in schools to inspire and inform young people
- careers advice and support for young people