EB information for professionals
- Care of a newborn baby with epidermolysis bullosa[docx] 900KB
- care of a child or young person with epidermolysis bullosa in hospital[docx] 900KB
Birmingham EB Severity Score (BEBS)
The electronic version of the Birmingham EB Severity score (BEBS) can be accessed here.
Hints for using e-BEBS
You can save this Excel file to a Microsoft Windows-based PC, then resave it for each patient.
If you have trouble opening the file, please check the following requirements:
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or above with support for XML
- Macros enabled in Excel
If your browser prompts you to save it as a zip file, just change the extension on the filename from '.zip' to '.xlsm'.
Any other problems and comments, please feed back to email@example.com
Educational EB videos for professionals
Please note: these videos contain footage of hand surgery, patients under anaesthesia and other clinical procedures and are intended as an educational resource for professionals only.
- Hand surgery for EB (9 minutes).
- Balloon dilatation of the oesophagus in EB (4 minutes)
- Anaesthetic procedure for a patient with EB (9 minutes)
- Laparoscopic Gastrostomy in EB (5 minutes)
- Lecture: reasons for consanguineous marriage among the Muslim community