Our BWC Pharmacy Team celebrated their new Pharmacy Awards to honour ambitious and inspiring staff on their hard work over the past year.
More than fifty members from the department joined in on the virtual celebration, including those who are currently shielding, as well as some colleagues on maternity leave who joined in with their new babies.
Alison Tennant, Chief Pharmacist and Controlled Drugs Accountable Officer, said: “Our new Deputy Chief Pharmacist Teena Bhogal came up with the idea as she had done a similar even once before where she previously worked. After this difficult year, we decided that the team needed a boost so we decided to instigate a pharmacy specific event – after this year’s success we will be doing them annually.
“The evening was absolutely brilliant. I started with a summary of the year through photos that I took and remembering some pivotal events, such as complete re-organisation of rotas to reduce days on site as far as possible when COVID-19 first started, implementation of new electronic Outpatient Prescribing form and new ward top-up process.
“Our Chief Medical Officer, Fiona Reynolds then did a summary of the year by telling us what she would do with the word Pharmacy in Scrabble. Each award was done by a separate member of the senior team.”
Eight awards were presented and awarded to:
- Good Vibes award: someone who makes other people feel good, always has positive energy and lifts the people around them
- Winner - Alice Chann
- Kind and Caring award: someone who consistently puts others first, takes time to check in on people that they are ok and who is thoughtful and kind
- Winner – Becky Dugdale and Marie Slimm
- Quality Improver of the year: someone has delivered a change in the way their team works, who consistently looks for how things could be done better and makes it happen
- Winner - Hannah Davies
- Stepping Up award: someone who has faced a major challenge (or multiple ones!) and has really stepped up and delivered
- Winner – Sheatha Abumehdi
- Learner of the year: a trainee who has shown a curiosity about their role and how to improve pharmacy services, good application to their studies and a willingness to ‘get stuck in’ (N.B. this is anyone who is doing training, not just the students)
- Winner – Owen Lam
- Team of the year: the team who consistently delivers high quality
- Winner – FTB and MMTs
- ABC award: someone who consistently displays the BWC qualities of Ambition, Bravery and Compassion
- Winner – Becky Dugdale and Sarah Webb
- Chief Pharmacist special recognition award
- Winner – Joe Correa