We’re proudly supporting Children’s Mental Health Week (3 – 9 February) and members of our Think4Brum young person’s group have offered their own personal advice on how to look after your mental wellbeing.
The theme of this year’s Children’s Mental Health Week is Find Your Brave; helping children feel brave and confident to talk about mental health and seek support.
Here’s some simple advice from our Think4Brum young people that could help you or a loved one:
- One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn’t fall apart
- Mental Health is not a destination but a process; it’s about how you drive, not where you’re going
- Try new things that push you outside your comfort zone to help build resilience and self-esteem
- Sharing your worries or feelings to a loved one can be very courageous
- When dealing with poor mental health you don’t always feel brave, but learning to carry on and finding coping mechanisms that work for you is a true act of bravery