Our urogynaecology service sees women who are experiencing urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, problems relating to overactive bladder, painful bladder syndrome and recurrent urinary tract disorders.
We offer a range of investigations and treatments for conditions relating to:
- Overactive bladder
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Perineal trauma
- Psycho-sexual counselling (provided by a female clinical nurse specialist)
- Urinary voiding dysfunction
You can be referred to this clinic from your GP, another hospital consultant or from other continence service providers.
Our services are highly specialised and the unit offers a wide variety of conservative and surgical treatment options. Examples include:
- One-stop assessment of pelvic floor symptoms with investigation and treatment planning clinics
- Specialist incontinence and prolapse
- Specialist joint clinics for bowel dysfunction with colorectal surgeon (OASIS)
- Joint clinic with urologist for complex urogynaecology cases
- One stop nurse-led urogynaecology clinics
- Community continence clinics (with Physiotherapy)
- Joint care of the elderly clinics
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation clinic
- Perineal clinic
- Nurse-led catheter care.
Our clinics are consultant led multi-professional clinics supported by specialist consultants, nursing staff, subspecialty trainees and specialist research fellows.
We are located on ward 2 on the first floor of our Women's hospital. Some of our clinics also take place in our Physiotherapy department which supports the Urogynaecology Service.