Women's Hospital Chaplaincy
Our chaplains are available at the Women’s hospital to support people through times of distress, anguish, stress, illness and bereavement.
Our chaplains support individuals and families who have experienced baby loss. We also work very closely with the Bereavement team to provide annual baby memorial services where parents and families can remember their babies in a formal service of remembrance.
The Chaplaincy service offers care and support to people of all religious beliefs and those of no particular belief at all.
At the Women’s hospital we offer a very diverse and comprehensive service. We have a team of paid and volunteer chaplains and visitors who are trained and experienced in pastoral, spiritual, religious care and counsel.
The team comprises of:
- Church of England Chaplain – Rev'd Denise Jones
- Roman Catholic Chaplain
- Muslim female Chaplain – Rehanah Sadiq
- Assistant Muslim Chaplain – Mobeen Shairbano
We also have an excellent team of volunteer visitors and bank chaplains.
- Pastor Emmanuel Bwalya – Assemblies of God Christian Bank Chaplain
- Pastor Steve Palmer – Seven Day Adventist Christian Bank Chaplain
- Mawlana Kamruzzaman – Muslim Bank Chaplain
- Rev'd Claire Ord – Baptist Christian Bank Chaplain
- Rev'd Catherine Elizabeth Ryan – New Testament Church of God
- Rev'd John Mall – Baptist Christian Bank Chaplain
- Jewish Bank Chaplain - Margaret Jacoby
- Honorary Sikh Volunteer Chaplain – Parkash Sohal
If you would like support prayers or just a listening ear, please do not hesitate to contact the chaplaincy office.