What matters to you, matters to us. Whether it is compliments, comments or complaints – your feedback is vital in helping us continually improve your experience with us.
Our Patient Experience team is dedicated to hearing what you have to say, in a variety of ways to suit you.
It's important that you let us know your thoughts and feedback so that we can assist you and learn from your experiences. We also want to know when we do things well as this helps us to continue doing the right things. Please be assured that raising a concern or complaint will not adversely affect the care or treatment you or a loved one receives from us.
We are always looking at how we can do things better and will use what you tell us to improve the way we care for our women, children and families.
Your comments, compliments, concerns and complaints really do make a difference.
Understanding how you've found your visit or stay at our Women's and Children's Hospitals can tell us:
- Where things are working well
- Where there might be risks so we can take action to reduce and eliminate them
- Where we need to make some changes and improvements.
Your feedback gives us the opportunity to learn more and make improvements.
Access to medical notes and health records
If you would like to access your medical notes or health records please contact our Patient Admin Services team directly on 0121 333 9714/0121 333 9705 or email email@example.com.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a free and confidential service which helps patients, parents and carers with any information, concerns, or problems that they have about their care and our service.
- PALS will help and advise on any issue related to you or your child's hospital experience. We recognise that being in hospital can cause lots of difficulties and we are happy to listen and offer our support.
- PALS will liaise with the various departments in our hospitals on your behalf to resolve your problems and where appropriate refer you to outside help.
PALS will attempt to resolve your problems as quickly as possible. However, if you feel the need to put in a formal complaint about any aspect of your NHS experience, we will be happy to advise and guide you through the complaints procedure.
Our PALS service will:
- Contact you in one working day of your request
- Advise you on the options available and help you to resolve your problem
- Keep you regularly informed of the progress of any action you ask us to take on your behalf
- Use your experiences to help improve services in the future.
We welcome any suggestions that you feel would help to improve the PALS service.
How to contact us:
Opening hours are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Telephone: 0121 333 8403 / 0121 333 8505
- A 24-hour answerphone service is available.
- The team will return your call the next working day.
- PALS appointments to meet with you in person can be arranged. Please contact PALS to request this.
- Interpreters are available to help and support you, on request.
How you can tell us about your experience
There are many ways for you to get in touch with us and provide us with feedback so we can improve services within our hospitals.
Face to face
Please feel free to speak to your ward manager, doctor or nurse in person to tell them about your experiences. We always prefer to have the opportunity to speak to you face to face whenever we can.
Make a Star of the Month nomination for our staff
Has a member of staff or team gone above and beyond to make either you or your family’s time with us special?
No matter how big or small the act, if you feel that an individual or team has done something positive that deserves recognition please do nominate them to be our Patient and Family Star of the Month.
You can find other ways to comment on our feedback page.